Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Best Sandwich in the world!

Inspired by Fatty's Cafe in Astoria, the Chavorrayo. 
I have been craving this since I moved out of New York, now I am whipping up my own "Chav's" on a regular basis. 
Loaf of Crusty bread
chicken breasts
avocado
jack cheese
garlic aioli (recipe below)

just season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and cook them however you want.

layer chicken breast, avocado an some jack cheese. Smear the garlic aioli on. Then I try to grill it like a panini. I just kind of press it on the griddle. There it is simple as pie.

For the garlic aioli ....

3 cloves of garlic chopped
1 large egg
1 tbsp. lemon juice
1 tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
1/2 teaspoon salt
couple turns of pepper
1/2 cup olive oil

combine everythign in a food processor (or blender) except the oil and pulse until it turns into a paste
slowly add the oil while running the food processor or blender

1 comment:

Brian NAC said...

I may be stealing this recipe! this sounds GOOD!